Foundation marks TFC founder’s 10th memorial anniversary

Forum 7 months ago

Foundation marks TFC founder’s 10th memorial anniversary

The Bunmi Adedayo Foundation, on Monday, marked the 10th memorial anniversary of the pioneer Executive Director of Tastee Fried Chicken, Bunmi Adedayo.

Adedayo died on September 25, 2013.

The Executive Director of BAF, Oluwakemi Odedeyi, in a commemoration for the deceased, titled, ‘Celebrating a legacy of grace,’ held at All Soul’s Church, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, described him as a disciplined philanthropist who improved the well-being of people.

She said, “When Mr Bunmi was alive, he was passionate about children’s well-being; he was passionate about ensuring that his children and other children around him had the best kind of education.”

Explaining the purpose of the foundation, Odedeyi said, “For us as a foundation, what drives us is giving back to society and ensuring that the children have sound education to become better citizens tomorrow.

“Our major focus is to empower teachers, provide them with the right pedagogy, for them to be able to teach the students well and develop the right curriculum for them.”

The Chief Operating Officer of Tastee Fried Chicken, Fowoke Akinleye, during the memorial event, said, “Today is to remember Bunmi and to give thanks to God. He left a good legacy. He loved giving to the needy so much and that was why a foundation was established to honour him and to foster his passion after his demise.”

The widow of the late Bunmi, Yemisi Adedayo, in her tributes to her husband, wrote, “Today, I miss you, not more than the other days because every day I miss you and every day is like any other day.

“Seconds tick, minutes and hours don’t stop and the days go by. But my consciousness is shut off and I am oblivious of the earth’s rotation. Each day is the same, blank, bland, blurry, bleak. Tending towards hopelessness. Sleep on – the heart of my heart.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024
Forum | 1 week ago

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher
Forum | 1 week ago

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher

Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar Gets 70mm Imax Rerelease for 10th Anniversary
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar Gets 70mm Imax Rerelease for 10th Anniversary

14 years On, We’re Still Saying I DO - Actress, Ufuoma McDermott Celebrates 14th Wedding Anniversary With Husband
Forum | 3 weeks ago

14 years On, We’re Still Saying I DO - Actress, Ufuoma McDermott Celebrates 14th Wedding Anniversary With Husband