You’re a Religious Hypocrite - Filmmaker Orisa Slams Femi Adebayo

Forum 7 months ago

You’re a Religious Hypocrite - Filmmaker Orisa Slams Femi Adebayo

Filmmaker Oladeinde Agbon aka Orisa has slammed actor Femi Adebayo for making money with Yoruba culture in his films, while being an ardent follower of Islam.

Orisa took to social media and shared photos of Adebayo in Mecca during Ramadan.

He called his attention to what he termed his hypocrisy of using Yoruba tradition as a base for his movie, yet worshipping another god’

“Worshipping the Arab god after making mad money from telling a story from isese. Baba abeg next time na Prophet Muhammad story make you make into a movie for us, make we see how much an Arab story will fetch you,” he said.

However, many netizens defended Adebayo, arguing that there is no inherent contradiction between practising a different religion and being involved in cultural story telling.

iamkingtrey: A lot of people who don’t read to comprehend but Will emotionally type without critical thinking. Everything he said is true. Africans are the only people that their gods don’t look like them it’s either Arabian god or the European god #continue

iamheyday wrote: Sense dey this talk abeg. Please let him make movie for us about Arabic god, he is an actor, I want to know about their Muhammad wey dey worship. Make movie on Islam abi you no get creativity for that?

One Wealthy Forever wrote, “Got it, so don’t tell stories because you practice a certain religion? Stop trying to force yours on others. No one is stopping you from practicing your own religion”.

One Ayeesher Buba wrote, “Dis is exactly how shallow-minded ppl are honestly. Religion and culture are two different things. You are Yoruba but you’re a Christian by religion so how is that hypocrisy Ogbeni?”

One Asking Graphics wrote, “This one is obviously dùmb, so because I’m a Muslim now I shouldn’t design a Church flyer or what?”

One Sossi Official wrote, “What has his religious beliefs got to do with his creativity? Nothing you do for this life fit satisfy human being Dem go always find comma”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself
Forum | 6 days ago

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’
Forum | 6 days ago

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’

Declaring Yahaya Bello Wanted Unnecessary – Bwala Slams EFCC
Forum | 1 week ago

Declaring Yahaya Bello Wanted Unnecessary – Bwala Slams EFCC