What Happened To Me The Day Someone Gifted Me My First N1m – Timi Dakolo

Forum 7 months ago

What Happened To Me The Day Someone Gifted Me My First N1m – Timi Dakolo

Popular singer and songwriter, Timi Dakolo has revealed what happened to him the day a good Samaritan gifted him N1 million.

He spoke during a recent interview with media personality, Chude Jideonwo.

Dakolo revealed that his first N1m was a gift from a “good Samaritan” who saw him on television while he was contesting in the inaugural Idols West Africa in 2007.

He said the huge gift made him lose sleep and also changed his diction.

Dakolo said, “There was somebody that gave me N1m from nowhere. I had never seen N10,000 before. The money I used to have then was always N1,300, N800, N1,200, and N520. And somebody gave me N1m cash. He came to the hotel and gave me N1m. He said he doesn’t watch TV but he saw me on TV and he felt he should give me N1m.

“I saw N1m, I could not sleep. I was looking at the money. I said, ‘This money will change.’ I was speaking English that day. Me that used to disturb the whole place, I was quiet [sic]. I caught myself speaking good English.”

Timi Dakolo hit stardom after winning the inaugural Idols West Africa in 2007.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 4 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher
Forum | 1 week ago

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher

Cynthia Morgan recalls how Olamide gifted her N1M, appreciates singer
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Cynthia Morgan recalls how Olamide gifted her N1M, appreciates singer