Federico Dimarco provides update on his future amid Man City and Chelsea interest

Forum 7 months ago

Federico Dimarco provides update on his future amid Man City and Chelsea interest

Federico Dimarco has confirmed that he wants to renew his contract at Inter despite transfer interest from Chelsea and Manchester City.

The Italian wing-back has been one of Inter's standout performers over the last 18 months thanks to his stunning crossing skills and an ability to dictate proceedings in central midfield when asked to play an in-vogue 'inverted' role by manager Simone Inzaghi.

Dimarco was a key player for the Italian giants during their surprising run to the Champions League final last season, bagging five assists in the competition, and has started the new campaign in similarly impressive form - tallying up four goal contributions in five Serie A games.

His latest goal contribution was perhaps the best of his career to date, with the wing-back scoring a sumptuous left-footed volley from the edge of the box in Inter's 1-0 win over Empoli on Sunday.

90min understands that the 25-year-old's stunning form for his current club has caught the attention of both Chelsea and Manchester City. Sources confirmed back in February that City had scouted Dimarco and have been thoroughly impressed by his performances - they remain keen, having continued to keep an eye on the player's progress.

Chelsea have also scouted Dimarco at the start of the 2023/24 campaign, and are interested in signing a left wing-back due to the uncertainty over the future of both Marc Cucurella and Ian Maatsen. The Blues are keen to sell Cucurella at the next available opportunity, while they also could shop Maatsen around again in January, having agreed a deal to sell the youngster to Burnley on deadline day - a move which was turned down by the player.

Despite the interest from some of the Premier League's top clubs, speaking after the win over Empoli at the weekend Dimarco revealed that he is keen to sign a new contract with his current club: "I don't think there will be any problems, I certainly want to renew my contract with Inter."

Inter chief executive Giuseppe Marotta also discussed Dimarco's future after the game, and insisted that Inter are set to sit down with the player to iron out a new deal soon.

"Dimarco proves the sense of belonging towards the club, we are happy and proud. He keeps improving and he is still very young. We'll soon meet to discuss a contract extension," he said.

The wing-back's current contract at San Siro expires in June 2026.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 19 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances