Lawmaker wants better welfare for dead soldiers’ families

Forum 7 months ago

Lawmaker wants better welfare for dead soldiers’ families

The Deputy Speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly, Mrs Lami Danladi, has advocated better welfare for families of fallen heroes.

The deputy speaker, in an interview with The PUNCH on Sunday, said it was sad that families of some of the fallen heroes were languishing in agony with no support from the government.

She promised to sponsor a bill to spell out how the children and wives of the fallen heroes will be assisted.

Danladi said, “I am trying to see how I will initiate a bill in the House that will focus on the underprivileged children, particularly, female ones who have to abandon their education due to no problem of theirs.

“Another segment of people the bill will be focusing on are children and wives of our fallen heroes, I mean children of our gallant soldiers who have to pay the price to keep others safe, the same in the police and vigilante group.

“Most of these heroes lost their lives in active service to protect the lives of others, yet, their children are not being taken care of. We have to do something to make their children have hope.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 16 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush
Forum | 1 day ago

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger