Imo State Residents Lament As Hoodlums Take Over Mother-And-Child Hospital Commissioned By Ex-VP, Osinbajo

Forum 7 months ago

Imo State Residents Lament As Hoodlums Take Over Mother-And-Child Hospital Commissioned By Ex-VP, Osinbajo

The many residents of the Imo State capital, Owerri, have lamented the state of an abandoned hospital.

They expressed their disappointments over the continuous abandonment of the multi-billion naira Mother-And-Child Hospital in the town.

The abandoned hospital located along Douglas road, off Emmanuel College Avenue was commissioned by the immediate former Vice president of Nigeria, Professor Yemi Osinbajo in 2019, according to SaharaReporters.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/344ed3ba7653f0ad5f31266eb53857ce.jpg

It was said to be dedicated to the care of pregnant women and children.

However, checks on the facility built by former Governor Rochas Okorocha on Friday showed that it had been taken over by mechanics and hoodlums.

Weeds, reptiles and other animals have also encroached on the backside of the property.

Funded by tax payers’ money, the apparent abandonment of the facility by the Imo State government has become a thorn in the flesh of residents, a source told SaharaReporters.

According to the source, the hospital has also been converted to a hidden place for suspected criminals and sex hawkers in Owerri who operates within New Market axis in the state capital.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d08ce38424184c14b5a4d45066f569d7.jpg

Apart from the aluminum facilities, every valuable in the hospital was said to have been stolen and vandalised by criminals who have converted the rooms to their personal lodge.

"You are asking if people are living here, that house you are sighting is like a room and parlor for guys.

"They are many in number, I know most of them take hard drugs; during the night they operate from there and nobody cares, including the government of the state.

"They bring girls there for sex; you can come in the night and see by yourself,” a trader revealed.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Got Money, But I Am Lonely As F*ck Cos I Miss My Mother - Skales
Forum | 7 hours ago

I Got Money, But I Am Lonely As F*ck Cos I Miss My Mother - Skales

Kebbi State College of Nursing Science admission list into Basic Nursing, 2024/2025
Forum | 1 day ago

Kebbi State College of Nursing Science admission list into Basic Nursing, 2024/2025

Oyo State college of Nursing and Midwifery shortlisted candidates for interview, 2024/2025
Forum | 3 days ago

Oyo State college of Nursing and Midwifery shortlisted candidates for interview, 2024/2025

Imo PDP Chairman, 26 Others Resign
Forum | 4 days ago

Imo PDP Chairman, 26 Others Resign