AI will improve advertising industry, says Babaeko

Forum 7 months ago

AI will improve advertising industry, says Babaeko

The President, Association of Advertising Agencies of Nigeria, Steve Babaeko, has said that Artificial Intelligence will boost the advertising industry in Nigeria.

Speaking at the 50th anniversary and Annual General Meeting of the association at the International Conference Centre in Abuja, Babaeko stated that the pros of AI as a component of technology supersede its cons.

In an interview with our correspondent on Friday, he stated, “Every technical component and development has its own pros and cons, but as humans we will always take advantage of every technological development for our own benefits.

“AI will help boost the advertising industry just as the newspapers, radio and television have been doing. When the TV came, people thought the radio would die, but it didn’t. People even thought they would lose their jobs. Today, there is the Internet and the TV is still relevant. So, now that there is AI, it will be exploited for our good, just as subsequent technical components too will be.”

In his opening speech at the event, with the theme ‘50 Years Young, Ready for More’, he noted that in the face of the changes witnessed by the advertising industry, especially the influx of young professionals and agencies, the industry could confidently assert that it was living up to the theme.

He said the industry had confronted the dual challenges of macroeconomic headwinds and technological disruption, which have impacted not only its clients’ but members as well.

“However, even in the midst of these turbulent times, I firmly believe that the future of our industry holds promise. By standing united as members of the same family, we can navigate these challenges and emerge stronger,” he added.

Meanwhile, the Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, urged the association to collaborate with the President Bola Tinubu-led Federal Government for improved dissemination of information across the country.

Idris, who was represented by the Director, Public Communication, Sunday Baba, commended the AAAN for its works across the country in the past 50 years, noting that advertising helps in fostering creativity and innovation.

He added, “Advertising plays a pivotal role in shaping public perception, driving economic growth and fostering creativity and innovation. Over the past five decades, this association has consistently demonstrated a commitment to excellence, professionalism and ethical standards in the field of advertising.

“Your dedication has not only propelled the industry forward but has also inspired countless individuals and organisations to strive for greatness.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 3 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’
Forum | 3 days ago

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’