UCL: Manchester United defender backs Onana after latest error

Forum 7 months ago

UCL: Manchester United defender backs Onana after latest error

Manchester United defender, Jonny Evans, has backed goalkeeper Andre Onana following his error in his side’s recent Champions League 4-3 defeat to Bayern Munich.

Evans drew comparisons between Onana and the club’s former goalkeeper David de Gea’s start to life at Old Trafford.

Onana has struggled in the early stages of his Man United career, conceding 14 goals across competitions.

The former Ajax keeper made an error during Man United’s Champions League tie with Bayern as he failed to save a low long-range shot from Leroy Sane.

The Cameroonian eventually admitted he was the reason Man United lost against the Bundesliga champions.

However, his teammate Evans has now backed Onana for his courage to speak following the game.

“It is a big thing for him to do that. He did not have to do that,” Evans told TNT Sports.

“But I think it is very difficult for any player coming to a new club to hit the ground running and maybe he’s been a bit harsh on himself.”

Onana was signed by Ten Hag as David De Gea’s replacement, who also struggled in the early stages of his Manchester United career.

“He’s replacing David de Gea, who was here for a long time. Again, remember, David at the start of his career at Manchester United, maybe went through a bit of a tough time to settle in and we saw what sort of career he would go on to have for this club,” he added.

Onana joined Man United from Inter Milan over the summer transfer window.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Messi breaks two records after Inter Miami’s latest victory
Forum | 13 hours ago

Messi breaks two records after Inter Miami’s latest victory

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash

UCL: I’m happy for Sancho – Ten Hag
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: I’m happy for Sancho – Ten Hag

Send Warning Of Impending Terror Attacks To Us – Defense Minister, Matawalle Urges United States
Forum | 3 days ago

Send Warning Of Impending Terror Attacks To Us – Defense Minister, Matawalle Urges United States