Mohbad: Senate asks police to deepen probe

Forum 7 months ago

Mohbad: Senate asks police to deepen probe

Senate has asked the Police to deepen investigation to ensure the circumstances surrounding the death of Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba are unravelled.

The Senate vowed to ensure that anyone found responsible for his death is brought to book.

The Chairman Senate Committee on Creative Economy, Elisha Abbo, said this on Thursday when he led a delegation including Tonto Dikeh and Iyabo Ojo on a condolences visit to Mrs Adebose Olumuyi (Mohbad’s mother) in Lekki, Lagos.

According to Abbo, the National Assembly feels it is very important to condole with the family considering the controversy surrounding Mohbad’s death.

“We want to first of all condole with the family, nobody can bring Mohbad back, we love him. What I can assure you is that the government of Nigeria will do everything within its power to investigate this matter thoroughly and if everybody’s hand is involved the person would be brought to justice.”

He disclosed that the senate would be inviting the police to brief the National Assembly on the development.

He said, “The Senate will resume on the 26th of September which is a few days from now. And we are assuring you that the Senate which belongs to the Nigerian people will look into this without any sentiment. We will look into the matter and we will invite the police to come and brief us on what they have done so far on this matter.”

The Senators advised protesting youths to desist from the act.

“I am calling on the Nigerian youths especially those who were friends or relatives to Mohbad, don’t take to the street. Believe me, I will never be quiet when I see a youth being destroyed.

If you take to the streets some people who do not love us will hijack it. Because I believe Mohbad won’t be happy to see that someone died in his name.” he said.

However, Mrs Olumuyi(Mohbad’s mother) appreciated the senator, while calling on the government to find her son’s killers.

Also speaking, Tonto Dike said, “Mohbad was a son and friend to us, we will not leave you now. We may have failed him in life but we will not fail him today. That is why we are here to tell you that we are solidly behind you, the world is behind you. Nobody is going to rest as long as the justice that Mohbad needs is not given. We are all ready to fight for that justice and that is why every one of us is here today and fighting.” she said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Senate Begins Hearing On Electricity Tariff Hike Probe
Forum | 2 days ago

Senate Begins Hearing On Electricity Tariff Hike Probe

Police Arrests Two For Impersonation, Theft, Unlawful Possession Of Arms In Niger
Forum | 2 days ago

Police Arrests Two For Impersonation, Theft, Unlawful Possession Of Arms In Niger

Kano Building Collapse: Police Arrest Property Owner
Forum | 3 days ago

Kano Building Collapse: Police Arrest Property Owner

Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Motorcyclist With Gun, Hard Drugs In Delta
Forum | 3 days ago

Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Motorcyclist With Gun, Hard Drugs In Delta