Champions League: It’ll haunt you – Yorke slams Man United for replacing De Gea with Onana

Forum 7 months ago

Champions League: It’ll haunt you – Yorke slams Man United for replacing De Gea with Onana

Manchester United legend, Dwight Yorke has slammed goalkeeper Andre Onana following his error that contributed to the Red Devils’ defeat in the Champions League on Wednesday.

The Cameroon international gave away a cheap goal to allow the German side take all three points from their group opener.

According to Yorke, the former Inter Milan and Ajax goalkeeper has already been found out

Yorke wondered why Man United allowwèd De Gea to leave the club

Onana has since apologised for the blunder, saying he let the team down.

“I’ve said before that Man United need to be careful what they wish for with losing David de Gea,” Yorke told OLBG. “I hope this doesn’t come back to haunt Man United.

In my opinion, Onana is not as good as De Gea. Onana tries to be an outfield player rather than a goalkeeper sometimes and the people who have criticised De Gea and wanted him to leave will probably be the ones who will be calling him to come back.

“We know the Premier League has a higher intensity, balls will be coming into the box more regularly than in the Italian league where the players play at a slower pace.

“If Onana is not at the top of his game, he will get found out again.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish