Kwara judge seizes camera, warns Tani Olorun’s supporters

Forum 7 months ago

Kwara judge seizes camera, warns Tani Olorun’s supporters

The presiding judge of the Kwara State Upper Area Court, Mr Sunday Adeniyi, who is hearing the case of Abdulazeez Adegbola, alias Tani Olorun, has warned both Muslim adherents and Isese worshipers to desist from searching for his photographs which he alleged would be used for evil purpose.

The judge, who is hearing the criminal defamation case brought against Tani Olorun and the Oluwo Nla of Tede, Chief Ademola Olawoore, gave the warning in Ilorin on Wednesday while hearing the bail applications of the two defendants.

Tani Olorun and Oluwo Nla are facing five counts bordering on criminal conspiracy, inciting public disturbance, disturbance of public peace, criminal defamation of character, and intentional insult brought against them by the police on the complaint of the Emir of Ilorin.

The judge, while speaking in Yoruba before a short stand-down of the case, said, “I want to warn the parties in the case and their followers to stop searching for my photographs. I’m not the one that brought you to court. I’m only the judge and I will do my duty as required by the law. I have sworn to an oath that I will perform my duties as provided by the Constitution. If you want to be a fetish and practise your black power, you should direct it to yourselves or to your counsel, but not to me.

“Leave me alone to do my job. I will be fair to all the parties. If I do it and you feel that it is short of expectations, leave God to do the final judgment,” Adeniyi said.

Later when the court resumed to deliver the ruling on the bail application, Adeniyi displayed a camera, which he said was seized from one of the people in the court.

“This is the spectacle camera that was being used to take our photographs,” he said.

He later granted bail to Olawoorein the sum of N500,000 with two sureties in like sum.

“One of the sureties must own a landed property within the jurisdiction of the court”, he said.

He however deferred ruling on bail Tani Olorun’s bail application till Monday, September 25.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: He’ll score at Bernabéu – Tuchel warns Real Madrid about one Bayern player
Forum | 7 hours ago

UCL: He’ll score at Bernabéu – Tuchel warns Real Madrid about one Bayern player

Drama As Woman Seizes Debtor’s Generator After Bumping Into Her At A Burial
Forum | 6 days ago

Drama As Woman Seizes Debtor’s Generator After Bumping Into Her At A Burial

Alleged University of Port Harcourt Lecturer Caught on Camera S3xually Harassing Female Student
Forum | 1 week ago

Alleged University of Port Harcourt Lecturer Caught on Camera S3xually Harassing Female Student

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 1 week ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions