Rivers screens 7,000 applicants for civil service jobs

Forum 7 months ago

Rivers screens 7,000 applicants for civil service jobs

The Rivers State Government has commenced physical screening of the 7,000 successful applicants for recruitment into the state civil service.

This came four months after the immediate-past governor, Nyesom Wike, directed the state Civil Service Commission to recruit 10,000 workers into the state civil service.

Already, some applicants have confirmed receiving text messages inviting them for an interview.

The Chairman of the Civil Service Commission, Clifford Walter, while speaking to newsmen, said of the 10,000 applicants, only 7,000 were sent messages and would be interviewed for employment into the mainstream civil service.

Walter disclosed that 2,000 slots had been given to the state primary and post-primary schools board to increase the manpower needs for teachers in the state.

He also said about 450 slots had been reserved for the Judicial Service Commission and Health Management Board to employ judicial officers, doctors and health officers respectively.

Walter said, “The total number to be employed is about 10,000 youths. The governor, in his magnanimity, directed that because of the shortage in the teaching aspect of the service, 1,000 slots have been allocated to the Primary Schools Board to employ teachers.

“Also, another 1,000 to the Post-Primary schools’ Board for teachers. And then 250 to the Judicial Service Commission for legal officers and all that. Then about 200 to the Health Management Board for health officers and doctors.

“So, we are now left with a mainstream number of 7, 500. So, this is the number of people we are going to interview within this period under review.”

Walter said after the physical verification, appointment letters will be issued to the successful applicants.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares
Forum | 2 days ago

I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara
Forum | 5 days ago

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara

Civil Servants Get 2 Days Weekly To Farm In Bayelsa
Forum | 1 week ago

Civil Servants Get 2 Days Weekly To Farm In Bayelsa