Arsenal vs Tottenham: Raya breaks silence on Arteta’s decision to drop Ramsdale

Forum 7 months ago

Arsenal vs Tottenham: Raya breaks silence on Arteta’s decision to drop Ramsdale

Arsenal goalkeeper, David Raya says he is unsure whether or not he has done enough to retain his place ahead of fellow keeper Aaron Ramsdale in the Gunners goal, ahead of Sunday’s Premier League London derby with Tottenham Hotspur.

Raya, who joined Arsenal from Brentford, made his debut in place of Ramsdale last Sunday against Everton in the Premier League and kept a clean sheet.

Ramsdale, however, was again forced to sit on the bench on Wednesday night as Arsenal thrashed PSV 4-0 in the Champions League.

Speaking following Arsenal’s win over PSV, Raya said of Mikel Arteta’s decision to rotate his goalkeepers: “It is his choice, it is not my choice.
“When Aaron comes back in he needs to fight for the team and to win games.

“I understand [the conversations about the decision] and I think it is the first time two top goalkeepers are in the same team so that is just part of football now. The gaffer wants two top players for each position and that is what we have to work with.

“I played the last two games and I don’t know what’s going to happen on Sunday.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

Radio Silence Reveal Abigail’s Ready or Not Easter Egg
Forum | 4 days ago

Radio Silence Reveal Abigail’s Ready or Not Easter Egg

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race