UCL: ‘Football is heartless’ – Agbonlahor tells Arsenal star to leave Emirates after snub

Forum 7 months ago

UCL: ‘Football is heartless’ – Agbonlahor tells Arsenal star to leave Emirates after snub

Former Aston Villa manager, Gabriel Agbonlahor has urged Arsenal goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale to leave Emirates in the upcoming January transfer window after he did not feature in their Champions League win over PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday.

Agbonlahor also feels Ramsdale will need to leave Arsenal if he is to be part of England’s squad for next summer’s European Championships.

Ramsdale has been a key part of the Gunners’ recent success under manager Mikel Arteta and had firmly established his position as the club’s No.1 following his arrival from Sheffield United two years ago.

However, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta opted to start goalkeeper David Raya, who joined the North London club from Brentford on loan, against PSV.

“Ramsdale will be in the horrors now. The Euros are coming he is thinking to himself, I have just played for England I have got a chance now,” Agbonlahor told talkSPORT.

“Now he probably won’t even get on the plane.

Dean Henderson left Manchester United and has gone to Crystal Palace and he’s got a task to get Sam Johnstone out of the side.

“He has to go and play somewhere, it is as simple as that. We said it about Phillips and Maguire and these players but I mean Ramsdale, you’d be devastated.

“He got his team into the Champions League. He played a big part of it but football is heartless.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 17 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me