Champions League: They’ve lost their identity – McAteer blasts Man Utd

Forum 7 months ago

Champions League: They’ve lost their identity – McAteer blasts Man Utd

Former Liverpool player Jason McAteer has hit out at Manchester United after their poor start to this season’s UEFA Champions League, saying they have ‘lost their identity’.

Man United lost 4-3 against Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Leroy Sane, Serge Gnabry, Harry Kane and Mathys Tel all scored for Thomas Tuchel’s side against the Premier League giants at the Allianz Arena.

The defeat means Man United have now lost four of their first six games in the 2023-2024 season, including three in a row.

Their poor performances have been coupled with off-field issues at Old Trafford which means wingers Antony and Jadon Sancho are not currently available to feature for the club.

However, McAteer believes no club fears Man United again, insisting they are no longer the team they once were.

“Do you know what else they’ve lost with their identity?,” McAteer told beIN SPORTS.

“No one fears Manchester United anymore. They used to come to Anfield, and it would be like “we are in a game today, we could lose this”.

“We’d never feel like that about anybody, but obviously it was Man United who were dominant throughout the 1990s, so we’d be up against it. They had that fear factor and they don’t have that anymore.

“Their identity is gone and I think sometimes Man United swan around as if it is still there as if they can stroll into someone’s backyard and take it.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories
Forum | 2 days ago

How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd