Champions League: They’re cup of tea – Paul Scholes slams Manchester United

Forum 7 months ago

Champions League: They’re cup of tea – Paul Scholes slams Manchester United

Manchester United legend, Paul Scholes has hit out at the Red Devils following their Champions League 4-3 defeat to Bayern Munich on Wednesday night in Germany.

Scholes said that Man United are a cup of tea, adding that Erik ten Hag’s side lacked concentration against Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena.

According to the former England midfielder, Man United showed softness and weakness against Thomas Tuchel’s side.

Recall that Casemiro’s brace and Rasmus Hojlund’s goal were not enough to give Man United a point against the Bundesliga champions.

Speaking to TNT Sports, Scholes said, “They [Man United] have had spells in every game they have lost this season where they have done okay, but that is not good enough. There is a softness and weakness there and once they concede one, you need to say: ‘Come on, in the next five minutes let’s stay in the game’, and before you know it, they score another goal.

“I think this is almost going to be an identical season to last year. They are a cup team. They could possibly win the FA Cup or the Carabao Cup, they are just not at this level yet. I think the summer has hindered them from getting where that next level is and we saw tonight that they are absolutely below this level.”

He added, “When you look at the game as a whole, I thought Manchester United did well but still conceded two goals early on and lacked that concentration. Those three goals flattered United though. I thought they were outclassed in the second half really. There is quality experience in this team, but it’s not being used right now.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 5 hours ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself
Forum | 5 days ago

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’
Forum | 5 days ago

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’