Doping: You’ve been a disaster, forget football – Pogba told to retire

Forum 7 months ago

Doping: You’ve been a disaster, forget football – Pogba told to retire

Arsenal legend, Emmanuel Petit has called on former Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba to retire from playing professional football if he is banned for four years over doping.

Petit also branded Pogba ‘a disaster’ and reckons he should forget about football, money and quit football.

Pogba left Man United and rejoined Serie A giants Juventus last year after his contract expired.

However, the France star has endured injury issues and has only played 12 games across competitions since returning to the Allianz Stadium.

Pogba could be spending more time on the sidelines as he has been handed a precautionary suspension by the Anti-Doping Tribunal in Italy.

The 30-year-old tested positive for testosterone, a banned substance in football.

“Paul Pogba should definitely retire if he is given a four-year ban,” Petit told Betway.

“When you are suspended for that long, you can’t even come to the training ground. That leaves you going to the gym or the park with no teammates, no balls, nothing. Four years for a 30-year-old player is a long time.”

He added, “His time at Manchester United didn’t end well, and in France, we think he’s been a disaster since then.

“Forget football, forget money, it’s a disaster for him. He’s completely destroyed.

“He’s nothing like the Pogba we used to know. There is no way he will be back in high-level football.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United
Forum | 4 days ago

Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 week ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Absolutely exceptional’ – Michael Owen reveals best football manager on planet
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Absolutely exceptional’ – Michael Owen reveals best football manager on planet

UCL: Bayern told to sack Tuchel before Arsenal clash
Forum | 2 weeks ago

UCL: Bayern told to sack Tuchel before Arsenal clash