Champions League: Man City suffer major injury blow after win over Red Star Belgrade

Forum 7 months ago

Champions League: Man City suffer major injury blow after win over Red Star Belgrade

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola has confirmed Bernardo Silva will miss his side’s Premier League clash with Nottingham Forest on Saturday due to injury.

Guardiola said this at his post-match press conference after Man City defeated Red Star Belgrade 3-1 in the Champions League on Tuesday.

Silva was forced off in the first half of Man City’s victory over Red Star Belgrade in the on Tuesday night at Etihad Stadium.

Speaking about the Portugal international after the game, Guardiola said: “He didn’t say anything.

“I didn’t speak with the doctors but apparently for the next games he will not be available to play.”

Meanwhile, it remains unclear whether Silva will be available for Man City when they face Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup next Wednesday.

Guardiola’s side are already without Kevin De Bruyne, who is currently recovering from an injury.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 6 hours ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him