My Goal Is To Protect Afrobeats From Vultures – Kiddwaya

Forum 7 months ago

My Goal Is To Protect Afrobeats From Vultures – Kiddwaya

Evicted Big Brother Naija All Stars housemate and serial entrepreneur, Terseer Waya, aka Kiddwaya has revealed his latest goal in life.

He said his goal is to protect Afrobeats from white culture vultures.

Kidd, who is the son of billionaire businessman and socialite, Terry Waya, said the genre needs to be protected from white capitalists’ dominance.

He spoke in the interview segment of MTV Base Africa’s programme, Official Naija Top 10.

He said, “I want us [Nigerians] to really be able to maintain our grip on afrobeats. Because I fear that we do all these hard works; the music and it [the masters] will be completely owned by the white person.

“I feel like we need to do more to own our stuff. So, my goal is to promote afrobeats music outside of the country and bring in the right partners so that the ownership is shared. Because there are some vultures out there who just want to come and take everything; they own the artists, they own the labels, they own everything.

“One of my biggest fears is Nigeria losing its identity. What does a Nigerian look like? Yes, they put on agbada. But the younger Nigerian looks American. We are losing it. We need to be mindful of that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Burna Boy Introduced Live Band Into Afrobeats – Ruger Claims
Forum | 6 days ago

Burna Boy Introduced Live Band Into Afrobeats – Ruger Claims

Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought
Forum | 3 days ago

Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought

EPL: Frank Onyeka relishes first Premier League goal for Brentford
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Frank Onyeka relishes first Premier League goal for Brentford