Harry Kane tells Bayern Munich what to expect from Man Utd

Forum 7 months ago

Harry Kane tells Bayern Munich what to expect from Man Utd

Harry Kane has insisted that Bayern Munich should expect a "difficult game" against Manchester United despite their poor form in the Premier League.

The Red Devils have endured a disappointing start to their 2023/24 campaign, losing three of the their opening five Premier League games - including an embarrassing 3-1 defeat at the hands of Brighton & Hove Albion at Old Trafford on Saturday.

This is in stark contrast to the form Kane's new club Bayern have enjoyed in recent weeks, as the Bundesliga giants have won all but one of their first four league games.

Despite contrasting form, Kane knows all too well about United's historic ability to step up in big games, with the forward not winning any of his last five matches against the Red Devils during his time at Tottenham Hotspur, as he now prepares to face them in the Champions League.

The England captain made an £86.4m move to Bayern from Tottenham during the summer, signing a four-year deal with the Bavarian giants, and is set to face off against Premier League opposition for the first time since then on Wednesday evening.

Bayern and United will kick off their Champions League group stage campaign against one another at the Allianz Arena and, speaking to Sports Illustrated, Kane has warned his teammates what to expect.

"I'm expecting a difficult game. I know Manchester United are having a difficult moment right now, but sometimes teams like that are dangerous because they're always looking to come back in a big way.

"We have to be prepared for them and of course we want to get the crowd behind us as early as possible. The Champions League is always special and my first game with Bayern Munich [in the competition] will stay with me, so I hope it goes well."

Bayern and United have been drawn into a group alongside Copenhagen and Galatasaray and, regardless of the result on Wednesday, both will be expected to cruise into the last 16.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 23 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 23 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger