UCL: I’ve never seen this before, it’s unfair – David Seaman shocked by Arteta’s decision

Forum 7 months ago

UCL: I’ve never seen this before, it’s unfair – David Seaman shocked by Arteta’s decision

Arsenal legend, David Seaman has expressed shock over manager Mikel Arteta’s decision of rotating his goalkeepers, saying it is ‘unfair’ on Aaron Ramsdale.

Seaman stated this ahead of Arsenal’s UEFA Champions League group stage clash with PSV on Wednesday night at Emirates Stadium.

Recall that Arteta made several changes to his team during their away Premier League 1-0 win over Everton on Sunday, with Ramsdale notably dropped for summer signing David Raya to make his debut for the Gunners.

“Aaron not in goal really shocked me if I am honest. I find it hard to understand,” Seaman said on the Seaman Says podcast.

“I still can’t get my head around if they are going to be swapping and chopping and changing the goalkeeper. I don’t like that from what it does at the back because the players have to get used to two different goalkeepers.

“But I think the bigger question is: Who plays Wednesday [against PSV] because it is UEFA Champions League and neither of them have played in it. I think that will be a telling point as to who is going to continue.”

He added, “David Raya’s got loads of experience and is good quality. He’s going to want to play, he’s going to need to play. You can’t keep a goalkeeper like that as a number two for a long period because if Aaron gets injured David needs to be up to speed.

“That is the only thing that I can think of. There’s a lot to look at going forward as to why he is doing this but at the moment, for me it’s really hard to work out. I have never seen this before.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

The Movie Critic: Quentin Tarantino Was Reportedly Eying David Krumholtz for a Role
Forum | 2 days ago

The Movie Critic: Quentin Tarantino Was Reportedly Eying David Krumholtz for a Role

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 2 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi