Transfer: Thomas Frank gives one condition for Brentford to sell Chelsea target

Forum 7 months ago

Transfer: Thomas Frank gives one condition for Brentford to sell Chelsea target

Brentford manager, Thomas Frank has admitted that the club would be open to selling Chelsea target, Ivan Toney in the January transfer window ‘if the right price is there’.

Toney, who scored 20 goals for Brentford in the Premier League last season, has been linked with a move to Chelsea in the upcoming January transfer window as the Blues seek to provide another boost to manager Mauricio Pochettino’s attacking options.

The 27-year-old is currently serving an eight-month ban after he accepted 232 breaches of the Football Association’s rules on betting.

Toney returned to training with Brentford on Monday but is unavailable to feature for the club until January 16, 2024.

“So far we have only sold one in the Premier League, that was David Raya – or that is a loan but probably will be a sale in the future, I guess,” Frank said on Sky Sports’ Monday Night Football.

“I think every club in the world is a selling club except five or six clubs. We are a selling club, if the right price is there.

“I think if it’s the right time for the player to go, from my perspective that is not my decision that would be Phil [Giles, director of football] or Matthew [Benham, Brentford’s owner] in the end, then I think if they have developed well with us, been on the journey, and now they are proven good enough to go to the top clubs, then I think it is the right thing, if it is the right price.”

Asked if that applies to Toney, Frank replied: “Yeah, I think so. I understand why there are a lot of rumours out there about him.

“For me he is one of the best strikers, as a striker No.9, I don’t see many out there who is better in the world than him, of course you have Kane, Lewandowski, Haaland and these types, but not many.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 14 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel
Forum | 15 hours ago

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 15 hours ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa