EPL: Ten Hag has publicly embarrassed Man Utd winger – Rio Ferdinand

Forum 7 months ago

EPL: Ten Hag has publicly embarrassed Man Utd winger – Rio Ferdinand

Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand believes manager, Erik ten Hag has ’publicly embarrassed’ winger Jadon Sancho.

Recall that Sancho is presently training away from the Man United’s first team after he hit back at Ten Hag’s criticism of his training levels at the club.

Ten Hag had opted to make his discontent with Sancho publicly known after Man United’s Premier League 3-1 defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium when the player did not even travel with the squad to North London.

It remains unclear when Sancho will return to first-team training.

However, Ferdinand is concerned there is now no way back for the England star.

Ferdinand said on Vibe with Five: “To be thrown out of the squad, what is gone on? Is it a personal thing between the manager and player? Or is he genuinely not training the way he wants him to train?.

“He’s exhausted every avenue to try to get the best out of Jadon Sancho. I think Jadon would say and agree he has not lived up to the hype yet and the fee.

“The manager has gone, ‘this is my last chance’, I can’t get anything else out of him so I will make it public and see if that public embarrassment and his pride gets pressed enough where he goes, ‘I’m not having this’, and, ‘I’m coming back with a performance’.”

He added, “He did it to Rashford. He was the talisman at the time, he was where we were getting all of our goals, he was on fire, at the top of his game, and the manager said for being late, which a lot of people would say, ‘oh, it is only a meeting’, get on the bench. In terms of ego and pride and then more pressure, you are thinking, ‘hold on a minute, I am the man here’. The noise would have been so loud after that game [if Man United lost], it worked out for him.”

Sancho joined Man United in a £73 million deal from Borussia Dortmund in 2021.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton