EPL: Salah was ready to join Saudi Arabian club, Liverpool locked him up – Antonio

Forum 7 months ago

EPL: Salah was ready to join Saudi Arabian club, Liverpool locked him up – Antonio

West Ham striker, Michail Antonio has claimed that Mohamed Salah was ready to leave Liverpool for Saudi Arabia this summer.

However, according to Antonio, the Reds blocked the Egyptian from making the move.

Liverpool rejected an initial £150million bid from Al-Ittihad, but it was rumoured they were ready to increase their offer to £200m offer.

But the Anfield club managed to stave off their interest and keep their player, until at least January.

Antonio insisted Salah was interested in the transfer, but the Reds outright refused to give him that opportunity.

“He didn’t turn that down, no way. He was locked up and the Reds had put that red arrow across: ‘You are not going anywhere’.

“He did not stop that at all. To be fair to him, he didn’t kick up a fuss and let them do what they were doing. But I know for a fact that he was ready to go,” Antonio told the Footballer’s Football Podcast.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 2 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag