EPL: Why I left Manchester City for Chelsea – Cole Palmer

Forum 7 months ago

EPL: Why I left Manchester City for Chelsea – Cole Palmer

Chelsea’s summer signing, Cole Palmer, has explained his decision to join the Blues from Premier League champions Manchester City.

Palmer signed a long-term contract with Chelsea during the summer transfer window.

The 21-year-old, who featured in the England Under 21 side’s victory over Luxembourg on Monday, said he joined Mauricio Pochettino’s side because he wanted more first-team playing opportunities.

“I’m not saying I shied away from the competition (for places at Man City) because I have never done that,” Palmer said as quoted by Metro UK while explaining his decision to move to the west London club.

“I’d been there (around the first team) for a few years and wanted more of an opportunity to play – in my position and to have more of an impact.

“It was a huge decision [moving to Chelsea]. When I left the training ground on Thursday I knew I was going to London the next day. It all just hit me, sat in the car and going to drive out. I was just thinking, “you’ve been here 15 years”.

“I don’t know any difference. I have never been on loan. I have never moved out of Manchester. The only time I have ever been outside of Manchester is on holiday or away games. Going there does feel weird, but there is no time to waste. I have got to get to it.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 9 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag