He couldn’t be boss – Thierry Henry makes claims about Messi, Neymar, Mbappe

Forum 7 months ago

He couldn’t be boss – Thierry Henry makes claims about Messi, Neymar, Mbappe

Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry has claimed it was not possible for Lionel Messi to play his best football at Paris Saint-Germain alongside Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.

Messi scored 32 goals in 75 appearances during his time at PSG, winning back-to-back French Ligue 1 titles in the process.

However, the World Cup winner was unable to guide PSG beyond the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League and left for MLS club Inter Miami in June.

“No, I will say why. I remind you when I arrived at the beginning [as a pundit], on Amazon, I said ‘For me to play in this team, it’s a headache’,” Henry told RMC Sport.

“I was talking about structure, organization. How do you play with all three (Messi, Neymar, and Mbappe) at the same time?

“When he (Messi) played with the Argentina team, [there was] a structure. There are not three Messi’s, just him. You put him in a framework where he alone is the boss [and he will shine].”

Messi has enjoyed a successful start to his career in Inter Miami, scoring 11 goals in his first 11 appearances.

Neymar also left PSG this summer to join Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams
Forum | 2 days ago

Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams

‘James Bond 26’ Trailer Starring Henry Cavill & Margot Robbie Goes Viral, but It’s an AI Fake
Forum | 4 days ago

‘James Bond 26’ Trailer Starring Henry Cavill & Margot Robbie Goes Viral, but It’s an AI Fake

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims
Forum | 6 days ago

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims

APC Reacts to Claims That Presidency Is Involved In Ganduje’s Suspension
Forum | 1 week ago

APC Reacts to Claims That Presidency Is Involved In Ganduje’s Suspension