EPL: They’re not very good – Gary Neville names team that won’t win title

Forum 7 months ago

EPL: They’re not very good – Gary Neville names team that won’t win title

Former Manchester United captain, Gary Neville, has admitted he “never thought for one second” that the new signings at the club would be good enough to help challenge Manchester City and Arsenal.

United spent almost £200 million on Rasmus Hojlund, Mason Mount and Andre Onana in the summer.

The Red Devils were looking to continue the positive momentum from Erik ten Hag’s first season in charge.

But after three defeats from their first five Premier League fixtures, United are already behind their Premier League rivals.

Neville believes Ten Hag should have added Declan Rice or Harry Kane to his squad.

“I never thought for one second they would challenge Manchester City and Arsenal from the players that they brought in.

“That would have needed a Harry Kane-type signing or Declan Rice, as an example. They didn’t have the money to do those types of signings.

“They’re not very good at the moment. There’s no hysteria,” Neville said on his podcast.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 15 hours ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 15 hours ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him

Super Eagles defender, Ola Aina names toughest player he played against in his career
Forum | 20 hours ago

Super Eagles defender, Ola Aina names toughest player he played against in his career

EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players
Forum | 20 hours ago

EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players