Reece James committed to Chelsea despite Real Madrid interest

Forum 7 months ago

Reece James committed to Chelsea despite Real Madrid interest

Reece James remains fully committed to Chelsea and has no interest in entertaining offers from elsewhere, 90min understands.

Reports in Spain have tipped Real Madrid to make a move for the Blues right-back as early as next summer, with some even going as far as to claim that James has already given his approval to making the move to the Santiago Bernabeu.

While Madrid do hold an interest in James, 90min understands the Chelsea captain has no desire to leave Stamford Bridge.

James, who signed a new six-year contract last year, has spoken openly of his wish to succeed with Chelsea and is solely focused on leading the Blues back to the top of the Premier League table after a tumultuous year under the new BlueCo ownership.

He is no stranger to interest from other clubs but sources have stressed that James is fully committed to Chelsea.

Alongside Madrid, James has previously been scouted by Barcelona, while Bayern Munich and former boss Thomas Tuchel are understood to be huge fans of the 23-year-old, but an exit from Chelsea is highly unlikely as it stands.

James has endured a difficult start to the current campaign, picking up a hamstring injury in the opening game of the season which has kept him sidelined ever since and has given new signing Malo Gusto the chance to start in his place.

Chelsea paid £26m to sign Gusto from Lyon in January, and while the Blues have enormous hopes for the 20-year-old, club officials still retain total faith in James.

"I'm not stupid or crazy," Gusto told L'Equipe recently. "I knew before coming that Reece James is one of the best players in his position.

"We get on very well. He talks to me a lot. We are at a big club, there has to be good players in every position. The reason I chose Chelsea is because I have a plan. I know what I'm doing."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler
Forum | 9 hours ago

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron
Forum | 1 day ago

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron