Trent Alexander-Arnold close to new Liverpool contract amid Real Madrid & Barcelona interest

Forum 7 months ago

Trent Alexander-Arnold close to new Liverpool contract amid Real Madrid & Barcelona interest

Liverpool are looking to finalise terms with vice-captain Trent Alexander-Arnold over a new long-term contract, 90min understands.

Alexander-Arnold, a product of the club's famed youth academy, has played over 270 games for his hometown team and is now set to become one of their highest earners.

The 24-year-old's current deal was signed in 2021, but he is now on course to see his weekly wage move to around £250,000 per we and in line with the best full-backs in the world.

Sources have confirmed to 90min that both Barcelona and Real Madrid have an active interest in Alexander-Arnold, as well as England teammate Reece James. But he is set to follow the Chelsea man in committing his long-term future to his current club.

90min understands that talks with Alexander-Arnold are progressing well and Liverpool are confident that the proposed new contract will be finalised well before Christmas.

Alexander-Arnold is not the only Liverpool full-back ready to commit his future to the club. 90min also understands that Greece international Kostas Tsimikas is set to sign a new contract too.

Like Alexander-Arnold, Tsimikas' current deal is due to expire in 2025. But he is ready to agree an extension until 2027, with talks nearing a conclusion.

Tsimikas arrived from Olympiacos in 2020 and has primiarly served as Andy Robertson's understudy on the left, but has still featured over 60 times for the club and is held in high regard by Jurgen Klopp.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: Real Madrid will beat PSG in final, I’ll smash Mbappe – Rudiger
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: Real Madrid will beat PSG in final, I’ll smash Mbappe – Rudiger

Trap: New Poster, Original Song Revealed for M. Night Shyamalan Thriller
Forum | 1 day ago

Trap: New Poster, Original Song Revealed for M. Night Shyamalan Thriller

Justin Bieber Promotes Tems New Song, ‘Love Me Jeje’, She Reacts
Forum | 2 days ago

Justin Bieber Promotes Tems New Song, ‘Love Me Jeje’, She Reacts

Wizkid’s Old Tweet Hailing Don Jazzy as ‘Role Model’ Surfaces Online Amid Controversy
Forum | 2 days ago

Wizkid’s Old Tweet Hailing Don Jazzy as ‘Role Model’ Surfaces Online Amid Controversy