Andre Onana criticised by former Inter teammate for poor 'behaviour'

Forum 7 months ago

Andre Onana criticised by former Inter teammate for poor 'behaviour'

Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana has come under fire from former Inter colleague Samir Handanovic.

Onana left Ajax on a free transfer in the summer of 2022 and signed for Inter after months of speculation around his future.

While the Cameroonian played every minute of their memorable Champions League run to the final, Onana did not make an appearance in Serie A until October, with club captain Handanovic keeping his place in the side.

Onana would make the starting spot his own for the majority of the season though was sometimes rested for league games amid their deep run in Europe.

Both Onana and Handanovic left Inter at the end of the 2022/23 season, with the former joining United and the latter now set to retire from playing.

Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport, Handanovic responded to Onana's previous comments in which he stated that his start to life at Inter 'wasn't easy'.

"I liked those words, but I didn't like his behaviour in the first two months, when he didn't play," Handanovic said.

"Then he told the truth, and it must be added that I was always consistent with him and even helped him.

"No-one, however, said that last season I had injuries that penalised me, a broken wrist, a broken finger and a strained calf.

"But I always went on the bench with the team even when I was unavailable. And I would never go against the club out of belonging to the club and the fans."

Onana has not enjoyed the smoothest of starts to life at United, either. The Red Devils have won just two of their opening five games, falling to three defeats.

The 27-year-old's only clean sheet came in their 1-0 win at home to Wolves in which he was extremely fortunate to have avoided conceding a last-minute penalty for clattering striker Sasa Kalajdzic.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Interview with the Vampire Season 2 Video Previews Lestat’s New Role in Louis’ Life
Forum | 2 days ago

Interview with the Vampire Season 2 Video Previews Lestat’s New Role in Louis’ Life

Serie A: Akinsanmiro elated with progress at Inter Milan
Forum | 3 days ago

Serie A: Akinsanmiro elated with progress at Inter Milan

The Big Cigar Trailer: André Holland Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries
Forum | 1 week ago

The Big Cigar Trailer: André Holland Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title
Forum | 1 week ago

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title