MohBad: I Narrowly Escaped With My Life, Ex-Marlian Music Signee Recounts Ordeal (Video)

Forum 7 months ago

MohBad: I Narrowly Escaped With My Life, Ex-Marlian Music Signee Recounts Ordeal (Video)

Idowu Smart Emmanuel, the Nigerian dancer who is also known as Lil Smart, has made a new disclosure.

He disclosed his ordeal in the hands of his former record label owner, Afeez Fashola, aka Naira Marley, founder of Marlian Music. 

In a live video shared on Tiktok Friday, Lil Smart, while answering a question from host Arowealth, alleged that the victimisation and assault rumours trailing Marlian Records were all true.

Speaking on the demise of singer Ilerioluwa Aloba, aka MohBad, Lil Smart said MohBad's silence played a role in his death.

According to Lil Smart, if the deceased had spoken up on the many attacks he was allegedly subjected to by Samson Eletu, aka Sam Larry, a close associate of Marlian Records boss Naira Marley, he probably would still be alive.

Speaking on rumours surrounding Eletu's numerous assaults and attacks on former Marlian Records signees, Lil Smart recounted his ordeal in Eletu's hands.

He disclosed that he narrowly escaped with his life after some masked men, believed to be Marlian boys, stormed his home.

Lil Smart also said he had tapes to prove this, adding that one of the boys who stormed his home was none other than a popular artiste known to be a friend to one of the Marlian Records boys, Zinoleesky.

Speaking in pidgin English, Lil Smart began, "It's because MohBad did not speak up, but I did every time they attacked me.

"Some months ago, Marlian boys and some Abokis stormed my home in Agungi, Lagos state, masked up. Thankfully, I saw them beforehand and escaped that day."

On how he could tell the masked men who stormed his home were Marlian boys, Lil Smart said, "These are people I have lived with. I knew the minute I saw them on the CCTV camera. I can present the CCTV tape.

"It was the period Seyi Vibez and Zinoleesky had some issues. (Zinoleesky accused Seyi Vibez of stealing his style. Seyi Vibez responded by calling Zinoleesky a 'Marlian Record Slave' who is not on his level).

"I had to leave my home and at some point even left the state to Abuja. I have since abandoned that house.

"When I returned to Lagos, Sam Larry arrested me for petitioning the police over his issue. He said I lied in my petition and had me arrested. I bailed myself with N500,000.

"They also threatened me with a lawsuit.

On how the arrest came about, Lil Smart said, "I had gone for a meeting at the beach with Magnito when I spotted Sam Larry. I tried to say hello, but he asked me not to.

"So I sat down and continued my meeting with Magnito. Not long after, I saw plain-clothes policemen who arrested me illegally.

"They took me to Ilaso police station, but because they had no evidence to detain me, I was then transferred to Lagos Island Police station where many of Sam Larry's insider police are.

"They claimed that I lied against Sam Larry.

"I was threatened with jail time for the weekend or pay N500,000. I agreed to bail myself and gave them N500,000.

"I was also asked to pay N500,000 for a lawyer, which I refused. I have evidence to prove all of this," Lil Smart said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many
Forum | 1 day ago

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 1 day ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie

Mohbad’s Wife, Wunmi Reacts As Court Orders Substituted Service On DNA TestOn DNA Test
Forum | 6 days ago

Mohbad’s Wife, Wunmi Reacts As Court Orders Substituted Service On DNA TestOn DNA Test