I didn’t resign my position, says Ondo deputy gov

Forum 7 months ago

I didn’t resign my position, says Ondo deputy gov

The Ondo State Deputy Governor, Mr Lucky Aiyedatiwa, on Friday, denied signing a pre-resignation letter as rumoured in some quarters.

Aiyedatiwa said he knew nothing about the purported letter of resignation which was reportedly being circulated on social media in recent times. He declared that he did not resign from his position as the number two man in the state and had no intention of doing so.

This was contained in a statement he issued on Friday. The statement was tiled, ‘re purported pre-signed resignation letter’.

The statement read, “My attention has been drawn to a rumour of a purported pre-signed resignation letter, signed by me, being circulated in the public domain.

“I wish to state that I, Lucky Orimisan Aiyedatiwa, the Deputy Governor of Ondo State have not, do not intend and will not sign/author any letter resigning my position as the duly elected Deputy Governor in a joint ticket with my principal the Governor of Ondo State, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu SAN, CON

“I took an oath the day I was sworn in along with Mr. Governor on February 24th, 2021 to protect the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on a four-year mandate which terminates on February 23rd, 2025, remain loyal to my Principal and stand by the oath taken with the Bible to run the full cycle of the four-year tenure with Mr. Governor.

He urged the people of Ondo State as the State Assembly as well as the general public to disregard such letters “now and in the future.”

The media aides of the embattled deputy governor were relieved of their positions earlier in the week.

This was made known in a statement issued by Chief Press Secretary to Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, Richard Olatunde.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 3 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 3 days ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election