#JusticeForMohbad: Over 47,000 Sign Petition To Ban Naira Marley, Others On Marlian Records Over Mohbad Assault

Forum 7 months ago

#JusticeForMohbad: Over 47,000 Sign Petition To Ban Naira Marley, Others On Marlian Records Over Mohbad Assault

A petition to ban Marlian music has garnered more than 47,000 signatures, labeling Marlian Records as a clandestine drug syndicate posing as a record label.

Marlian Records is a Nigerian record label owned by popular Nigerian artist Naira Marley.

The campaign titled: "Ban Marlian Music" had garnered over 47,000 petitions as of 12.30 pm on Friday.

Giving reasons for the petition, the advocates explained that Marlian Records recruits young boys to peddle drugs as well as indulge in drug-related activities.

They attached some pictures and videos showing Naira Marley and some of the artists on the label.

The campaigners stated that "it could be seen in a trending case of ex-signee Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba popularly known as Mohbad/Imole; how his life was cut short, how his fundamental rights as a human being was trampled upon just before his demise.

"The perpetrators of the acts include Sam Larry And Naira Marley as evidences are being opened up to the public how he was beaten, trailed as well as killed by these men - Sam Larry And Naira Marley."

The campaigners further stated that Mohbad until his death was a star loved by fans all over the world.

Survived by a wife and a child just a little below 24months of age," they said.

Aloba Oladimeji aka Mohbad, they explained had petitioned against Sam Larry, Elebe and others months before his death in respect to threat to his life, malicious damage of property, and oppression among others.

They said, "The Nigerian Police Force received this petition in June 2023, they refused to act claiming he didn’t show up when he was invited to defend his petition against his adversaries - Sam Larry and others after months of waiting.

"Sam Larry was said to have filed a counter petition against Mohbad."

The group, however, called for a thorough investigation into the death of Mohbad and why he was not able to show up after he was invited by the police following his petition.

"It’s possible he was prevented from doing so or silenced by Sam Larry and others.

"The citizens are left with dashed hopes towards the capabilities of the Nigerian police force as they have failed to uphold to their utmost responsibility “protection of lives and property of citizens “; an instance could be seen in the case of Nnnamdi Emeh who was arrested and detained for being a whistleblower as well as.

"Exposing the under cover activities of the Anambra police in respect to harvest and trade of human organs, detaining innocent citizens etc. The alleged culprits Princess as well as Csp Patrick are said to be walking freely today, whilst the whistleblower Nnamdi Emeh is still detained/barely heard from.

We call on the Government as a whole to intervene on all these matters.

"The citizens, fans both in Nigeria and in diaspora demand for Justice to be met!..Investigations should be carried out thoroughly on the Marlian Music Brand not leaving behind all evidences being provided to the public," they said.

SaharaReporters reported on Thursday that the singer wrote a petition to the Nigeria Police Force, reporting multiple threats to his life from controversial socialite, Samson Balogun, aka Sam Larry, amongst others, according to the document which surfaced online.

Mohbad, on June 27, 2023, filed a petition captioned “Petition of threat to life, malicious damage of properties valued the sum of five-million-naira, assault occasioning harm, oppression and conduct likely to cause breach of peace” against Sam Larry and Oba Elegushi of Eti-Osa, Lagos State.

In a video circulating on the internet, Mohbad and Zlatan could be seen on set for a music video when Larry allegedly stormed the scene with some boys targeting the late singer.

The video has stirred reactions on social media with Nigerians calling on the police to arrest Sam Larry and Mohbad’s former label boss, Naira Marley, to unravel the circumstances surrounding his death.

Sam Larry, said to be an ally of Naira Marley, has since deactivated his Instagram account following the torrents of cyber-attacks received since the video emerged.

Mohbad’s petition was addressed to the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, the Nigeria Police Force, Force Criminal Investigation Department Annex, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos.

In the petition, the late singer called on the police to save his life and explained how he was assaulted alongside fellow artist Zlatan Ibile, on June 25, 2023, by Larry during a music video shoot.

Mohbad also mentioned that during the assault, the attackers boasted that they worked for Oba Elegushi.

The petition read, “I, a law-abiding citizen and a musician bring to your notice the assault and threat to my life by the above-mentioned persons.

“On 25th June 2023, while having a video shoot with another artist by the name Zatan Ibile, the above-mentioned persons numbering about fifteen led by Samlarry Elegushi invaded the premises with dangerous arms such as guns, cutlasses, etc, where I was shooting video and scattered the whole process of the shooting, damaged the equipment I was using for the shooting valued about Five Million Naira and started threatening my life.

“In the process, they became violent and assaulted me and I sustained injuries but narrowly escaped. Attached to this petition are the said pictures.

“The total amount I paid for the shooting they destroyed is Eight million Naira (N8,000,000) which is non-refundable.

“However, during the assault, they were boasting that they work for Oba Elegushi and that they have been asked to deal with me for reasons best known to them, which till date they are still threatening to kill me if seen.

“Sir, I call on your good office to save my life from the above-mentioned persons and bring them to book. Thank you for your timely intervention.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 1 day ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara
Forum | 1 day ago

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara

How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories
Forum | 2 days ago

How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 3 days ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election