Diogo Jota reveals first impressions of new Liverpool signing Ryan Gravenberch

Forum 7 months ago

Diogo Jota reveals first impressions of new Liverpool signing Ryan Gravenberch

Liverpool forward Diogo Jota has been quickly impressed by the club's most recent signing Ryan Gravenberch.

The 21-year-old joined the Reds on transfer deadline day from Bayern Munich, becoming the club's fourth midfield signing of the summer window.

Gravenberch decided against joining up with Netherlands' Under-21 side for their September internationals in order to focus on settling in to his new surroundings on Merseyside - a decision which did not go down well in his home country.

But having stayed behind in England and avoided injury, Gravenberch is in line to make his Liverpool debut away at Wolves on Saturday.

Speaking to the club's official website, Jota admitted he likes the look of Gravenberch, who graduated from Ajax's academy before heading to Bayern in 2022.

"I think great," Jota replied, when asked how the midfielder has been settling in. "Obviously he has two very close friends, the Dutch players [Virgil van Dijk and Cody Gakpo], and they are three now, so they can help each other.

"Obviously I've not been in and just had a couple of sessions with him, but you can see already the quality he brings [and] has on his feet. "I think he will be one more to help us going forward."

Liverpool return to Premier League action this weekend having gone into the international break on a high, taking 10 points from a possible 12 to open the 2023/24 season and registering two wins while playing with 10 men.

Discussing their season so far, Jota added: "It was not perfect, obviously we didn't win all the games, but I think we must be happy because we changed a lot, we changed our approaches and we still got 10 out of 12 [points], and we had games with difficult circumstances with the red card.

"So I think it's a positive start and hopefully we can go from here."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 2 days ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife