James Maddison wins Premier League Player of the Month award for August 2023

Forum 7 months ago

James Maddison wins Premier League Player of the Month award for August 2023

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder James Maddison has been named the Premier League Player of the Month for August.

Maddison has made a fast start to life at Spurs following his summer transfer from Leicester City.

He was named as one of the club's new vice-captains to Son Heung-min shortly after his arrival, while he also inherited Harry Kane's number 10 shirt following his move to Bayern Munich.

Maddison has impressed early on in his Tottenham career under Ange Postecoglou. He grabbed two assists in their opening weekend 2-2 draw at Brentford before scoring the opener in a 2-0 victory at Bournemouth a fortnight later.

The England international also played a starring role in Spurs' 2-0 win at home to Manchester United between those two fixtures.

The other players nominated for August's award were Nottingham Forest's Taiwo Awoniyi, West Ham United's Jarrod Bowen, Brentford's Bryan Mbeumo, Brighton & Hove Albion's Kaoru Mitoma and Manchester City's Rodri.

Maddison's triumph marks the 25th occasion someone from Tottenham has won the Premier League Player of the Month award.

While his on-pitch performances have been superb, Maddison has also quickly won over the Spurs faithful with comments about his desire to join the club.

"I could just see myself playing for Tottenham, I could just see myself in that team, in that kit, in that stadium. It just fitted well for me," he said in a recent interview.

"They've always had...that sort of midfielder who wants to be creative, entertain the fans and be a personality."

Maddison and Tottenham return to Premier League action on Saturday with the visit of Sheffield United.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 23 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 1 day ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron
Forum | 2 days ago

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron