Joao Palhinha makes surprising Fulham decision following collapse of Bayern Munich deal

Forum 7 months ago

Joao Palhinha makes surprising Fulham decision following collapse of Bayern Munich deal

Joao Palhinha has signed a new contract with Fulham despite nearly completing a transfer to Bayern Munich on deadline day.

The 28-year-old started the season brightly with the Whites before Bayern registered an interest in his services late in the window.

He was expected to join the German champions having completed a medical and been paraded around the club's training ground, but Fulham pulled the plug on the deal due to not having enough time to bring in a suitable replacement.

The midfielder has now surprisingly signed a new contract at Craven Cottage, tying him down to 2028 with the option for a further year.

"The Club is delighted to announce that Joao Palhinha has signed a contract extension with Fulham," Fulham said in a statement.

"Palhinha has committed his future at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2028, with a Club option to extend by a further 12 months."

Palhinha said: "I feel happy. A lot of history happened these few weeks for me, you heard a lot of things about my future, but I’m just focused on my work at Fulham. I always have 100 per cent commitment with this Club, I have all the respect for the Club, for the fans.

"Since the first day, they supported me a lot, and me and my family felt this since the first moment that I arrived here. I will give everything that I have. It was always like that, on the field, outside of the field, in our dressing room with my teammates.

“I have a lot of respect for everyone here in Fulham and I am ready to start again, to give all my best, and I want to achieve good things."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 23 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims
Forum | 6 days ago

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit
Forum | 1 week ago

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal