Nigeria needs industrialisation, education reforms, says Paul Adefarasin

Forum 7 months ago

Nigeria needs industrialisation, education reforms, says Paul Adefarasin

The Senior Pastor of House on the Rock Church, Paul Adefarasin, has emphasised the urgent need for industrialisation and education reforms as critical steps for Nigeria’s future development.

Adefarasin, who was among the dignitaries who paid a condolence visit to the late Akintola Williams’ residence on Wednesday evening in Lagos, stressed the necessity of a significant change in the nation’s approach.

He stated, “On an immediate level, Nigeria must prioritise industrialisation to address the challenges facing the nation. We must confront the underlying issues that ail our nation. I won’t delve into extensive details here, but it’s crucial to recognise that we need a fundamental shift in our approach.”

The Pastor advocated for a shift from the export of raw materials to the export of processed products, promoting job creation and strengthening industries.

He explained, “Nigeria’s path forward involves becoming a nation focused on producing goods. We must embark on industrialisation, and we are witnessing initial steps in that direction.

“The key is job creation for the large number of unemployed Nigerians. Instead of exporting raw materials, we should export processed products. By bringing these jobs back onshore, we’ll create employment opportunities, and industries will flourish.

“This transformation is essential for Nigeria to become an industrialized and economically viable nation. Industrialization is the bedrock of a prosperous economy.”

Adefarasin also emphasized the critical importance of addressing the state of education in Nigeria.

He said, “The quality of education from 30 years ago is shaping our current public policy. If we continue to neglect the quality of education today, our future public policy will suffer. We must address this issue, or the state of Nigeria will deteriorate.”

Furthermore, Adefarasin urged a collective vision that transcends regional, religious, and network divisions.

“Our vision should transcend regional, religious, and social class. Nigeria belongs to all its citizens, whether you’re from the north or south, Muslim or Christian, eastern or western, upper or lower class. It’s a collective responsibility, especially for those in the upper network who hold influence,” he added.

Adefarasin expressed his deep appreciation for the remarkable life and contributions of Akintola Williams.

Adefarasin said, “Because God blessed him with more than 100 years, he treated young ones like us as friends. We’re grateful for his dedication to our congregation.

“He played a crucial role in persuading the MUSON board to revise its policies to accommodate our church in regular services, even though it wasn’t their standard practice.

“He shared our passion for spreading the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, and we’re truly thankful. He didn’t have to do it, but he did, just like his late wife. Our gratitude goes beyond words, extending to generations past, reaching back three, and now four generations,” the Pastor said.

He further expressed his belief that individuals of Akintola Williams’ caliber, stemming from this distinguished pedigree, possess the essential qualities needed for the revitalisation and renewal of Nigeria.

“I believe individuals of Akintola Williams’ caliber, from this pedigree, hold the key to rebuilding Nigeria. They should have the opportunity to participate in the political process. I have no aspirations for public office, but I strongly believe that Nigeria’s best should serve the rest, not just serve alongside the rest,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 18 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud
Forum | 2 days ago

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday