Jurgen Klopp makes decision on Germany job

Forum 7 months ago

Jurgen Klopp makes decision on Germany job

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is not looking to become the head coach of the German national team, according to his agent.

Germany confirmed on Sunday they had parted ways with Hansi Flick in the aftermath of their shocking 4-1 defeat at home to Japan.

Flick's time in charge of Germany saw them eliminated at the group stage of the 2022 World Cup and embark on a terrible run of four wins in 17 matches prior to his sacking.

Ahead of Tuesday's surprise 2-1 win against France under the stewardship of Rudi Voller, 90min reported that the DFB had made Klopp one of their priority candidates for the job.

They are so enamoured by Klopp that they would have been willing to hand him the job on a part-time basis until the end of the 2023/24 season, allowing him to continue in his role at Liverpool.

But speaking to Sportschau, Klopp's agent, Marc Kosicke, played down talk that his client would take on this gig.

"Jurgen has a long-term contract with Liverpool and is not available for the national coaching position," he said.

Klopp's current Liverpool contract runs until the end of the 2025/26 season and admitted in the recent past his loyalty to the club would make leaving for the Germany job tough.

Speaking to The Athletic in July, he said: "The job of national coach is and would be a great honour - there's no question about that.

"The problem that stands in the way of the whole thing is my loyalty. I can't just leave Liverpool now and say I'll take over Germany for a short time. That doesn't work and the request isn't even there.

"If I'm supposed to at some point, then I have to be available and I'm not currently. I have a responsibility towards the club. Basically, it's an interesting job. But I don't know yet whether I'll do something completely different after I leave Liverpool. I want to keep my options open."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims
Forum | 6 days ago

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat

Sonia Ighalo Makes Claim Against Late Actor, Junior Pope And Asaba Producer
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Sonia Ighalo Makes Claim Against Late Actor, Junior Pope And Asaba Producer