2023 Ballon d’Or: Robbie Savage names player to win award

Forum 7 months ago

2023 Ballon d’Or: Robbie Savage names player to win award

Former Manchester United midfielder, Robbie Savage has named the player to win the 2023 Ballon d’Or.

Inter Miami’s Lionel Messi and Manchester City’s Erling Haaland have emerged as the top contenders for this year’s Ballon d’Or award following their incredible exploits over the last couple of months.

Messi won the FIFA World Cup with the Argentina national team and also the French Ligue 1 title with Paris Saint-Germain before he left the Parisians to join Inter Miami.

Halaand, on the other hand, won the Treble – Premier League title, Champions League and the FA Cup.

Both Messi and Halaand were recently included in the nominees for this year’s Ballon d’Or that will be announced on October 30.

However, Savage believes Messi will win the votes and claim the Ballon d’Or ahead of Haaland.

Savage told Planet Sport: “So Halland or Messi? I think the voting will go to Messi because the World Cup, which eluded him, he’s won it with his teammates.

“I think Messi will win it but if you are looking at Man City doing the treble, look at the impact Erling Haaland had in his first season in the Premier League. Man City could not win the Champions League, but they did it with Haaland there, so for me, Haaland should win it, but I think Messi will.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

‘James Bond 26’ Trailer Starring Henry Cavill & Margot Robbie Goes Viral, but It’s an AI Fake
Forum | 3 days ago

‘James Bond 26’ Trailer Starring Henry Cavill & Margot Robbie Goes Viral, but It’s an AI Fake

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves