Success Isn’t Money To Me, Says Davido

Forum 7 months ago

Success Isn’t Money To Me, Says Davido

David Adeleke, the Afrobeats maestro, who is popularly known as Davido has talked about what success means to him.

offered a personal definition of success, stating it has nothing to do with money.

He noted that money doesn’t equate to success, noting that the latter was basically about the transformation of lives around one’s community.

He said: “Success to me is not money. To me, it’s the organisations and the lives you change around the community. That is success to me.”

In a bid to provide more insight into his point of view, the “Timeless” crooner tried to give life to his imagination with spoken words.

He explained: “I want to be able to sit down when I’m like 40, 50 and maybe just be on my balcony.

“I always envision it in my head and speak it into existence. Just like I told you I was going to blow up.

“So, I’m going to have big estates and I can just see me wearing a nice Versace robe, you know. Maybe my cognac and my cup and me just walking to the balcony and looking down.

“So when I look down, it’s enguarded with all my wife, friends, kids; the staff. Like just having a party and everybody is successful in their own way. Knowing that all this came from a dream of me just wanting to do music. So, that’s like….I always have that vision.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan
Forum | 3 days ago

Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan

Nigerian Man, His Wife And 11 Others Arrested In Vietnam For Alleged Money Laundering
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian Man, His Wife And 11 Others Arrested In Vietnam For Alleged Money Laundering

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 week ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 week ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert