Why I Stopped Shooting Music Videos For Asake – TG Omori Speaks

Forum 7 months ago

Why I Stopped Shooting Music Videos For Asake – TG Omori Speaks

ThankGod Omori Smith, the famous Nigerian music director and cinematographer, better known as TG Omori or Boy Director has finally disclosed why he stopped shooting for singer, Asake.

Recall that Omori and Asake’s cooperation began with the smash track “Organize” in 2022.

However, rumors arose when Asake used another director for his most recent music videos.

It was reported that Asake was upset with TG since their last effort, “YOGA,” did not receive as much attention as his past videos.

Speaking on his business deal with Asake, TG in an interview on Zero condition podcast, emphasized that Olamide, the musician and CEO of YBNL record label, believes in giving people opportunities, and it would be unjust to hold that against him.

“Even husband and wife dey divorce, people do have a break. I think we have done enough, we have done like 12 videos. We are still very cool. You know it is a business and at the end of the day, you have to respect your client’s decisions.

“I like when artistes have the freedom to try out new things. I don’t want because we are guys you must shoot with me. I don’t know why that happened.

“To me it is crazy love because me and YBNL are forever. And you know how me and Olamide ‘go like way back’, and Olamide is a type that makes sure that everybody eats. And before I came, he was working with other directors and he gave me the opportunity to also do my thing.

“So he’s working with a very creative guy now. A very good guy that’s doing well too. That’s Olamide for you. And if I take that personal, then I have messed up.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 5 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 5 days ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up

Video Director, TG Omori Quits Smoking
Forum | 5 days ago

Video Director, TG Omori Quits Smoking

The Fall Guy Gets Meta in New Videos for Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt Action Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

The Fall Guy Gets Meta in New Videos for Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt Action Movie