Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals turning down manager job

Forum 7 months ago

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals turning down manager job

Former Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed he was approached by the Norwegian football federation (NFF) about the women's national team vacancy.

National legend Hege Riise, a World Cup and European Championship winner – as well as Olympic goal medallist – during an illustrious playing career, left her role as Norway coach following a difficult World Cup. A year earlier, Riise had also overseen a disastrous Euro 2022.

Solskjaer has not worked as coach or manager since being sacked by Manchester United in November 2021 when things quickly started to unravel after a successful first 18 months in charge.

The 50-year-old has never worked in women's football but is supportive of the women's game – his daughter Karna Solskjaer was previously on the books at Manchester United before accepting a professional contract from AaFK Fortuna back home in Norway.

But despite being approached by the NFF, Solskjaer turned it down.

"I have spoken to the association about the job as national coach. They have asked. But I'm not ready for that yet," he told NRK.

Solskjaer also expressed concern about accusations of nepotism should be take the Norway job and select his own daughter to play, which has been the case with men's team boss Stale Solbakken and his 23-year-old son Markus during this month’s international break.

"I'm not going to get into the Stale Solbakken issue of choosing my daughter or not. Not yet," he said.

Pressed on whether he would be interested in the job at all, he replied: "I would be happy to help. I don't rule it out because I'm a football geek. But not yet. I'm doing so well with my family and doing exactly what I want. Being able to come and watch matches without being nervous is nice."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 2 days ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 2 days ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star
Forum | 4 days ago

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star