Enyimba can win African Football League – Finidi

Forum 7 months ago

Enyimba can win African Football League – Finidi

Enyimba head coach, Finidi George, is confident the People’s Elephant can win the inaugural edition of the CAF African Football League.

The Nigeria Professional Football League champions are among the eight teams that will take part in the maiden edition of the competition.

The Aba giants will keep a date with Morocco’s Wydad Casablanca in the quarterfinals next month.

Multiple African champions Al Ahly of Egypt, Esperance of Tunisia, Tanzania’s Simba, TP Mazembe of Democratic Republic of Congo and South Africa’s Mamelodi Sundowns are the other teams that will be competing for the title.

Despite the pedigree of the teams in the competition, Finidi is upbeat that they can go all the way.

Despite the pedigree of the teams in the competition, Finidi is upbeat that they can go all the way.

“Enyimba is a big club and will remain so. We have always do well on the continent and sometimes we are unlucky not to get what we wanted,” Finidi told reporters.

I believe we can win the African Football League. It’s going to be a difficult task, but it is doable.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 11 hours ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs
Forum | 11 hours ago

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 1 day ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures