EPL: I don’t fear for my Man Utd future – Antony speaks on assault allegations

Forum 7 months ago

EPL: I don’t fear for my Man Utd future – Antony speaks on assault allegations

Manchester United winger, Antony has said he is not afraid of his future at the Premier League club, amid allegations from three ladies that he attacked them.

Antony’s ex-girlfriend, Gabriela Cavallin, has alleged that the footballer assaulted her on four occasions.

Two more women in Brazil, Rayssa de Freitas and Ingrid Lana have already accused the 23-year-old of physical abuse.

In the light of these claims, Brazil dropped Antony from their squad for the World Cup qualifiers, while United have not taken any action yet as police investigations continue in Manchester and Sao Paulo.

Last month, the Red Devils decided that Mason Greenwood would no longer play for the club again even though he denied allegations of attempted rape and assault, and the Crown Prosecution Service dropped all charges in February.

Greenwood is now rebuilding his career at Getafe.

But Antony, who arrived for £85million from Ajax last year, isn’t worried about his future and remains confident that he will be exonerated.

Speaking on Brazilian TV channel SBT on Friday night, he said: “It’s something that doesn’t cross my mind.

“I know the truth and it will come out. I know many are butchering me, but the truth always comes out.

United are on top of the whole inquiry. They’re following up and they’re going to keep up.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 3 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag