I’ll Never Be Grateful For Winning An Award That Can’t Be Announced On Stage – Ayra Starr Slams Headies

Forum 7 months ago

I’ll Never Be Grateful For Winning An Award That Can’t Be Announced On Stage – Ayra Starr Slams Headies

Singing sensation, Ayra Starr has reacted after winning the Best Female Artiste at the 2023 Headies award.

The singer frowned at the idea of not presenting her award on stage.

Recall that the 2023 Headies Awards, a celebration of African music held at the Cobb Energy Centre in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, witnessed the gathering of industry stakeholders who convened to honor the achievements of Nigerian musicians.

Taking to her Twitter account, Ayra Starr expressed disappointment and wrote:

“I will never be grateful for winning a category that wasn’t even deemed fit to be announced on stage! Best female artist na beans? We work hard, every single one of us! I’ve seen Tiwa record 4 hit songs in the same night, Tems breathes and lives for music, we didn’t deserve such nonchalance! Nigeria, you didn’t raise me to settle for less.”

See below:

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8cbb9cded68bc2fe0b757c4bdee344ff.jpg

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘I don’t write it off’ – Klopp on Liverpool winning title
Forum | 13 hours ago

EPL: ‘I don’t write it off’ – Klopp on Liverpool winning title

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release
Forum | 3 days ago

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release