EPL: Don’t make me a scapegoat – Sancho fires back at Ten Hag

Forum 7 months ago

EPL: Don’t make me a scapegoat – Sancho fires back at Ten Hag

Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho has hit out at Erik ten Hag after the manager claimed he was not included in the matchday squad for the defeat to Arsenal due to his poor performances in training.

Sancho was left out completely by the Dutchman, as they lost 3-1 at the Emirates.

After Ten Hag revealed the reason why he was dropped, the player posted a statement on Twitter, which read: “Please don’t believe everything you read! I will not allow people saying things that are completely untrue.

I have conducted myself in training very well this week. I believe there are other reasons for this matter that I won’t go into. I have been a scapegoat for a long time, which isn’t fair! All I want to do is play football with a smile on my face and contribute to my team.

I respect all decisions that are made by the coaching staff. I play with fantastic players and grateful to do so, which I know every week is a challenge. I will continue to fight for this badge no matter what!”

Sancho has failed to impress since joining from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2021.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 3 days ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag