EPL: We were trying to get draw – Bruno Fernandes on 3-1 Arsenal defeat

Forum 7 months ago

EPL: We were trying to get draw – Bruno Fernandes on 3-1 Arsenal defeat

Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes has reacted to their 3-1 defeat at Arsenal on Sunday.

Marcus Rashford had given them the lead, but Martin Odegaard equalised almost immediately.

Arsenal then scored two late goals through Declan Rice and Gabriel Jesus to take all three points.

Fernandes, speaking to Sky Sports, admitted it was tough to lose in such fashion.

He said: “It is always tough to lose the way we lost. We conceded the late goal after trying to get the draw.

“They are a good team. They created a lot of problems for us. It was a good game for both teams, but they got the points in the end.

“I felt the game was balanced. They had some spells on the ball, but we wanted them to have that, we knew we could create danger on the counters.

It is what it is; if it is an offside, we can’t get on that. It was a good game. I am disappointed by the result, but the performance of the team, the passion was there. If we keep doing this consistently, we will get results.

“It is 11 versus 11; home or away doesn’t change anything. We had a really good game; it wasn’t perfect as we didn’t get the win, but the spirit was right, the mentality, the desire, everyone doing the job the manager asked for.

Sometimes the details change the game. It is not perfect to lose, but I think we can take a lot of positives from this game.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Bassey nominated for Fulham’s March Player of the Month
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Bassey nominated for Fulham’s March Player of the Month

UCL: Michael Owen singles out one player after Bayern Munich’s 2-2 draw with Real Madrid
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: Michael Owen singles out one player after Bayern Munich’s 2-2 draw with Real Madrid

UCL: Absolutely brilliant – Ancelotti singles out 2 Real Madrid stars after 2-2 draw with Bayern
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: Absolutely brilliant – Ancelotti singles out 2 Real Madrid stars after 2-2 draw with Bayern

EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title