Bayelsa group meets World Bank conditions on agric project

Forum 8 months ago

Bayelsa group meets World Bank conditions on agric project

The World Bank and French Development Agency-assisted Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project in Bayelsa State has said it met all the requirements for the bank to declare the project effective in the state.

The RAAMP is a project designed by the World Bank to create access roads for rural farmers, improve trading infrastructure and promote post-harvest agro-logistics in rural communities.

The Project Coordinator of RAAMP in the state, Dr Paul Ebienfa, who stated this in Yenagoa, said following the inauguration of the State Project Implementation Unit in January 2022 by Governor Douye Diri, a list of requirements was handed over to the project coordinating unit as conditions to meet for the project to be declared effective by the World Bank.

“As I speak with you, we have met all the conditions given to us for the project to be declared effective by the World Bank. These conditions include the provision of a befitting office accommodation; prioritisation study of rural roads that will impact farmers after intervention amongst other conditions,” he added.

According to him, the prompt release of counterpart funds and the allocation of office accommodation to the project by Diri facilitated the process.

He added that the governor’s commitment was an indication that farmers would soon have access to move their farm produce to the market with ease.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Follow AGF’s Advice, Submit To EFCC – Group Tells Yahaya Bello
Forum | 3 days ago

Follow AGF’s Advice, Submit To EFCC – Group Tells Yahaya Bello

FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture
Forum | 5 days ago

FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture

Omotola Jalade Meets Davido, Shares Sweet Hug
Forum | 6 days ago

Omotola Jalade Meets Davido, Shares Sweet Hug

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 6 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday