President appoints sacked NDDC boss, replaces Ondo, Cross Rivers board nominees

Forum 8 months ago

President appoints sacked NDDC boss, replaces Ondo, Cross Rivers board nominees

President Bola Tinubu on Friday approved the reappointment of the recently sacked Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the Niger Delta Development Commission, Dr Samuel Ogbuku, for a second term. He is to remain in acting capacity, pending the Senate’s confirmation of his reappointment.

The President also approved the immediate replacement of the representatives of Ondo and Cross River states on the board of the commission.

These came barely three days after the President approved Ogbuku’s replacement and the constitution of the board.

According to a presidency statement on Friday, the Ondo State representative on the board, Victor Akinjo, will now be replaced by Otito Atikase, while Oku Okang for Cross River State is to be replaced by Otuk Duke.

The previous appointments had been greeted by protests.

The PUNCH reported on Thursday that scores of demonstrators took to the streets of Abuja to protest the appointment of Okang, said to be a member of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party. The protest came on the heel of a similar one held in Calabar, the Cross River State capital, on Wednesday.

No official reason was given for replacing the Ondo State representative.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
‘He’s becoming more important’ – Rangers boss hails Dessers
Forum | 3 days ago

‘He’s becoming more important’ – Rangers boss hails Dessers

Shake-Up In EFCC As Olukoyede Appoints Chief Of Staff, 14 Directors
Forum | 3 days ago

Shake-Up In EFCC As Olukoyede Appoints Chief Of Staff, 14 Directors

I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares
Forum | 3 days ago

I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 1 week ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election