BBNaija’s Doyin: How My Dad’s Death Made Me Stop Going To Church

Forum 7 months ago

BBNaija’s Doyin: How My Dad’s Death Made Me Stop Going To Church

Big Brother Naija (BBNaija) All-Stars housemate, Doyin David has revealed why she stopped going to church.

According to her, she stopped going to church after her father passed away.

In a pre-recorded interview on the WithChude podcast, Doyin said she used to be “a spiritual child” but her father’s demise made her conclude that “God is very wicked”.

The 27-year-old medical doctor said “I left God alone” and stopped going to church.

“When I lost my dad, I wanted to take some time to think but I just realized that the more I thought about it, the more painful it was,” she said.

“It is easier for me to say ‘it is what it is, God does not care and let me move on without him’. In my head, at the time, we were a perfectly good family.

“And I am like nothing bad can happen to us. So when it happened, I was just like God is very wicked. Why Me?

“So I felt like there is no way there is God. At the time, I was a very spiritual child. I was the child who would always pray. My family always had a morning devotion.

“I was like if I am doing all these things and my dad can still die, let me just keep it moving and whatever happens I will chest it.

“I think I left God alone to an extent because I stopped going to church. I have not been to church in a long time.”

Doyin is a housemate in the ongoing BBNaija reality show.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 1 day ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles
Forum | 3 days ago

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles